HD SERIES MULTI-SPINDLE DRILLING MACHINE:
The HD Series machines are multi-spindle drilling units for beams, channels, angles, flats and structural sections. The fully CNC controlled drilling unit allows fast working of profiles and structural sections. Working flat bars and angles is also possible.
HD is a numerically controlled drilling unit, with a rigid framework, designed for fast working of all types of profiles, flat bars, angle sections, rectangular tubes, etc. up to 47.5" x 16". Machine design (drilling spindles in frame centerline with guides eliminating all deflection during machining) makes a perfectly stable and exceptionally long lasting machine. This stability suppresses any vibration that may appear on a traditional drilling machine. Moreover, combined with high drilling power and speed, it enables the use of almost any type of drilling, like carbide insert drills for higher productivity.
The high productivity of the machine is due to efficient programming of all functions with variable speeds:
- Infeed carriage with hydraulic material gripper driven by brushless motor
- Frequency controlled rotation speed (spindle rpm) automatically set by computer
- CNC spindle feed with ball screw and brushless motor
- Automatic shift from fast approach feed to working feed
- CNC controlled flange and web gauge lines
The HD may be combined with a sawing process (BEHRINGER band sawing machine), in line or in parallel, with infeed and exit loading systems or lifts.